3 page paper
Regardless of industry, organizations are responsible to protect and secure their customers’ information. Information management is the process of protecting an organization’s data in terms of:
- Classification and handling.
- Document and records management.
- Sensitive physical information.
To reduce the risk of customer information being jeopardized, organizations often establish a separation of duties to ensure employees only have access to information they need to do their jobs.
Organizations need to abide by several U.S. privacy laws and regulations to be in compliance and to protect consumers (see page 195 of your textbook).
Specifically you will write a 2–3-page paper in which you:
- Research an organization that has violated U.S. privacy laws and regulations.
- Diagnose how the system failed.
- Examine how the organization rebounded from the violation.
- Recommend measures to prevent the violation from occurring or to reduce the risk.
- Determine key lessons learned.
- Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to locate and integrate into the assignment at least three quality, peer-reviewed academic resources, written within the past five years.
- Include your textbook as one of your resources.
- Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the following:
- The preferred method is for your paper to be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Research the applicable laws and policies related to cyber defense and describe the major components of each pertaining to the storage and transmission of data.