This is the second of three (3) news articles addressing specific issues related to medical ethics. You will write a review on each article utilizing concepts you learn in class. Each review will be a minimum of 1 page in length with an appropriate APA formatted bibliographic entry for the article you choose.
1. Choose an article from an approved online news source. (See Below). Enter link to article. 5 points
2. Create an appropriate APA bibliographic entry. 5 points
3. Summarize the medical ethical issue in the article. This must be at least 5 to 6 complete sentences. 30 points
4. Identify the value choice theory illustrated by the ethical issue. For more information see pages 33-35 in your text book. 5 points
- Teleological or consequence-oriented theory
- Deontological or duty-oriented theory
- Virtue ethics
5. Explain why you chose this theory and how it relates to the ethical issue. This must be 4 to 5 sentences. 25 points
6. Identify the principle of health care ethics illustrated by the ethical issue in the article. For more information see pages 36-39 in your text book. 5 points
- Autonomy or self-determination
- Role Fidelity
7. Explain why you chose this principle and how it related to the ethical issue in the article. This must be 4 to 5 sentences. 25 points
Approved news sources
REMEMBER: copying any works found online or any other location is plagiarism and will result in disciplinary action including, but not limited to, receiving a ‘0’ on the assignment.