Intelligence and information sharing between all levels of law enforcement and the intelligence community as well as private and public stakeholders is paramount in securing the homeland in post 9/11 America. Connecting the dots is crucial to detecting, deterring and preventing terrorism on a domestic and international level. This week, you will write an essay addressing the following:
- The challenges of building grassroots intelligence and analytic initiatives with state and local partners based on national intelligence and threat information.
- The role of fusion centers in providing state and local partners with effective threat analysis to include current terrorism trends, vulnerabilities and threat mitigation, protective measures, and terrorism indicators.
- The importance of suspicious activity reporting and building a robust public outreach and community engagement program.
- Training local law enforcement and homeland security partners on countering violent extremism (CVE) in accordance with DHS’s
Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) Training Guidance and Best Practices.
- Reference and Introduction Page does not count as total pages