The authors we are reading were real people with real problems. Discuss one of the works this week in relation to its author. Provide some VERY brief biographical information about the author, then answer the following questions in your response:
- In your opinion, what was the author’s purpose for writing this work?
- Consider the author’s personal experiences. What biographical facts or elements from their life are used in the writing? Are any used but changed? Please provide specific, cited examples.
- Which aspects of the writing provide additional insight into the author’s life/experiences?
- How do the facts surrounding the author’s life increase our understanding of the text?
- Were you able to relate to the author and/or their work(s) this week? Why or why not?