This is a paper that is focusing on the Biological plausibility for the application of functional electrical stimulation. The paper also provides additional information to use in writing the assignment paper details.
Biological plausibility for the application of functional electrical stimulation
Physiology of Neuromusculoskeletal Tissue
Maximum words 4,000.
Critically evaluate the biological plausibility for the application of [functional electrical stimulation] in the management of [drop foot].
Acting on the feedback you have been given for your first submission, produce a new essay on the same topic, The essay should be substantially different from the original submission.
What we expect to see within this assessment
● Essay written in an appropriate academic format
○ i.e. Introduction (inc. essay aims), Discussion, Conclusion
● Follow appropriate academic conventions
○ i.e. formal tone, write in third person, clear and succinct sentences and paragraphs, avoid repetition
● Student can use informative headings/subheadings within text if required
● Topics expected to be covered within the essay
Firstly, definition of the condition, explanation of the clinical features and its impact upon patients
Secondly, incidence and prevalence and socioeconomic impact of condition
Thirdly, exploration of the target tissue to include its role, relevant anatomy and physiology in normal state
Fourthly, exploration of changes occurring to tissue due to selected disease
Also, introduction to the management of the chosen condition and the management approach chosen to be discussed in the essay
Additionally, critical evaluation of the literature related to the biological effects of the treatment/management and effect on target tissue – note this should be the main component of your essay
Briefly, place these findings in appropriate context relating to clinical effects
Clear conclusion that directly relates to your essay title.
The Physiology of Neuromusculoskeletal Tissue assignment
Writing at Undergraduate level, i.e more description / less critical evaluation
Poor essay structure
Lack of clarity in writing
Focus predominantly on the clinical effects of proposed treatment and also not on the physiological effects
Actions you should undertake
● Ensure you understand the question
○ Critical Evaluation
■ Give your verdict as to what extent a statement or findings within a piece of research are true, or to what extent you agree with them. Provide evidence taken from a wide range of sources which both agree with and contradict an argument. Come to a final conclusion, basing your decision on what you judge to be the most important factors and justify how you have made your choice.
● Conduct an appropriate amount of research on the topic
○ Ensure this covers the breadth of the essay question
○ Ie. covers the chosen pathology, the anatomy/physiology of the affected tissue in normal and diseased state, the treatment approach including its method of action at biological level and also link to clinical effects
Organise your reading and document in a suitable format
Develop and draft a plan for your assignment
Ensure your essay meets assessment brief