Two chapters and the novel examine some of the causes of discontent for both self and society, mentioning both internal and external roots. Given some of the gender specific examples throughout the works, are the issues that distress men and women a) essentially the same or b) essentially different? Establish your position regarding the way genders experience and contend with the ills in their society and develop thoughtful support and counters.
You will need to access three sources which can supply support or counters. You may use personal insight, too.
- Frankenstein. Select ONE character to focus on—can be a minor or major character.
- One chapter 26 selection on Ideal Society
- One chapter 28 selection on Happiness
*Be able to demonstrate Toulmin argument features in your argument that
- deliver a claim (thesis) in the intro and qualification (“because”),
- topic sentences that clearly direct the movement of the argument (reason, counter, rebuttal),
- evidence to support assertions–specific and relevant
- clear references,
- and meaningful closure.