you are to develop a comprehensive case management discharge plan for a terminally ill client.
Your paper should be 5 – 7 pages in APA format. Use Times New Roman 12 font, double-spaced, one inch margins. Your cover page and reference sheet are not included in the page count. Abstract is not required.
You may choose to write a plan for
- a 65 y/o man who is dying from congestive heart failure, OR
- a woman who is 32 y/o dying of ovarian cancer, OR
- an infant born with a severe congenital defect.
Be certain to address the following components
Use Headings for each component; it will work best for each of these to be level two headings-see APA guidelines)
- Disposition Site: Describe where the patient will receive post hospital services? Rehab unit? Long term care? Hospice home services? with a clear rationale.
- Care Reimbursement: Identify how care will be paid for? How to connect patient/ family to reimbursers?
- Resources: Describe what resources are needed to safely manage patient’s care post discharge? Where will they be obtained? Who will pay?
- Personnel and Services: Discuss all personnel and services who will be involved in the plan and their roles as well as their time-frames of involvement. Explain clearly how each member of the team will document the plan of care.
- 24 hour Schedule needs/ services: Create a one day 24/7 hourly plan including all services, treatments, caregivers