Option #1: Public Surveillance Camera Limits
In this assignment, you will write a paper about the limits of using public surveillance cameras to gather intelligence for crimes committed, such as in the case of the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing. The terrorists involved in the bombing were identified through camera footage from private businesses and a 911 call from the public.
In your paper, address the following:
- Do you think more public surveillance cameras such as the ring of steel, a security and surveillance cordon surrounding the city of London, could prevent future arracks?
- Evaluate the effectiveness of using public surveillance cameras, including the pros and cons of implementing this strategy.
- What balance needs to be maintained between an individual’s right to privacy and the public interest when using surveillance cameras?
Your paper must meet the following requirements.
- 2-3 pages in length, not including the cover page and reference page.
- Follow the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.). Each paper should include an introduction, a body with at least two fully developed paragraphs, and a conclusion.
- Be clearly and well written using excellent grammar and style techniques. Be concise. Be logical. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.
- Support your paper with at least two peer-reviewed, scholarly references. The CSU Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a great place to find these resources.
You may wish to review the Template Paper (Links to an external site.) for help formatting your essay according to the requirements. If you need assistance with your writing style or you need writing tips or tutorials, visit the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.). Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.