Research Paper Format:
Students will be required to write a paper (due as per Class Schedule below). This paper will be 15-20 pages in length (not including references, appendices) and will research and analyze a cybersecurity technology, a Cyber security threat/solution matrix or a Cyber War/Cyberpower doctrine. Where helpful, papers should include relevant charts/graphs/graphical models to assist the reader in understanding the material and highlighting key paper points and serve to advance the topics of the paper. All papers will be prepared in accordance with Modern Language Association (MLA) standards for format, citing and documentation of references, etc. as detailed below.
Modern Language Association (MLA) standards:
Modern Language Association (MLA) standards for format, citing and documentation of references etc. are detailed below and at the MLA General Guidelines website www.mla.org: (Links to an external site.)
- Papers must be typed on a computer and printed on standard white paper 8.5 inches by 11 inches, portrait.
- The text of the paper must be double-spaced using Times New Roman or another similar font, 12 point only.
- Leave only one space after periods and other punctuation marks.
- The margins of the document must be one inch on all sides. Paragraphs are to be indented one-half inch from the left margin (five spaces or press “Tab” once).
- All pages are to be numbered consecutively in the upper right-hand corner, one-half inch from the top, and flush with the right margin.
- Use either italics or underlining consistently throughout the document for the titles of longer works and, only when necessary, to provide emphasis.
- Endnotes are to be on a separate page before the Works Cited page.