HSC 1200 South University Health Concept Behavior Change Research Paper.
Here is a brief outline to be able to frame your paper. If you did a brief paragraph on each number you will complete your paper in no time at all. The outline follows along with your rubric:
- Think back to your Module 1 Behavior Change Assessment and choose a behavior you want to change to improve your health. If you do not have one that stands out to you, or even if you do, I suggest ALL OF YOU take the Real Age Test at www.realage.com It is a Dr. Oz test that will tell you what physical age your body actually is based on a bunch of yes and no answers. So, do it, it only takes a few minutes and then you can use the results to help you decide what to do your paper on. It is awesome! And hey, if we were friends on FB and I posted it, you would probably take it anyway. 🙂
- Choose your behavior and goal.
- Monitor it for a week.
Start writing! Your paper will include:
- Cover Page
- Identify the behavior you plan to change and summarize the week log of your behavior. Give background on why you have chosen this behavior and what are the potential and current health issues that stem from your behavior. (This is a good spot for your sources of information from the websites and database).
- Use BOTH of the two theories and explain how they best apply to your behavior. Transtheoretical Model AND Health Belief Model (In Chapter 1 and link on web page)
- Identify your goal and discuss if it is a SMART goal and how exactly is it Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely? (Chapter 1 and link on web page)
- Identify clear and specific strategies to achieve your success and outline a clear timeline.
- Determine how your chosen behavior change will impact ALL of the Dimensions of Wellness (Chapter 1).
- Summary and conclusion
- Reference Page