The physical education classroom is different from the core subject classroom. The students are the same, but the interactions within the classroom are different. A student with a health issue, such as obesity, can perform just as well on a math problem as a student with “normal” body composition. In a physical education class, this is not always true. Cultural, social and physical diversity can also manifest differences in a physical education class where they might not, in a more academic class.
Watch the YouTube videos provided and write a paper discussing the following:
- Identify any student health risk factors observed.
- Relate the physical growth, possible development level and skill ability differences you observe.
- Identify any differences in body types.
- Identify any affective domain behaviors evident as the children are interacting.
- Explain the 8 essential components of a quality physical education program. What evidence, if any, do you see in these physical education classroom examples?
- Identify any Christ-like behaviors observed in the student and/or teacher interactions.
Some of the videos are very long. You don’t have to watch the whole video. Watch 3 to 4 minutes at least so you can get a good look at the class and how they are interacting. The video topic is not what you are necessarily interested in. Look for the items listed previously. The video might have some great ideas for future lessons, though.
All written submissions should reflect professionalism in grammar, spelling, writing style/format (one-inch margins, double spaced, typed in 12-point Times New Roman font), include APA 6th citations when appropriate, an appropriate title page, and be uploaded as .doc or .docx documents.
Please refer to the attached rubric for a detailed explanation of scoring criteria.
Watch VideoPAC Man – hopping, jumping and leaping.Duration: 3:49
User: n/a – Added: 9/4/19YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEizPNSYp5Y
Watch VideoTeaching Expectations in Elementary PE Through MovementDuration: 4:34
User: n/a – Added: 10/16/18YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r06mW6OaQ8k