The paper must adhere to the MLA format; have an appropriate tone and support. Remember that you must be able to support any point you make with the story or one of your sources.
After a careful reading of Hemingway’s short story, “The Short Happy Life of Francis Macomber” available on Moodle, write a research paper answering the following question:
Do you believe that Margot shoots her husband on purpose or that it was a terrible and unfortunate accident?
- The length of the paper is 6-7 pages not including the Works Cited page.
- This paper needs to be in MLA format: font 12, 1 inch margin all around, double space, no extra spaces between paragraphs, insert the page number and your last name at the top right of each page along with the header we have been using for papers and assignments.
- You will need to cite the story using the author’s last name and page number when you quote (Hemingway 5).
- You need to include at least one (1) source that is peer-reviewed. In addition, you may use as many or as few sources that you feel are necessary as long as they are credible.
- Your paper must have a suitable title and a clear and defensible argumentative thesis. There must be appropriate transitions between paragraphs and ideas. Be certain to maintain a scholarly tone and avoid using personal pronouns (I, me, my, etc.) or anecdotes.
- Be certain to proofread and spell check your paper before submission.
- You will be graded on the logic of your argument, usage of your sources as supporting evidence, adherence to MLA format, grammar, punctuation and spelling.