Diversity is present in the professional workforce and the patient population. Strategic human resource management’s (SHRM’s) function is essential in the process of recruiting and selecting new talent to assemble an effective workforce. In this process, SHRM must perform a process of credential verification and training. New employee assimilation into the workforce is a crucial process. However, there exists a number of functions SHRM must exercise to be successful and contribute to the strategic vision of the organization.
- Discuss SHRM as an integral function of identifying need and talent to staff the healthcare organization.
- Comment on the nursing shortage and address the concerns created in workforce diversity, cultural considerations, licensure, and credentialing.
- Explain how the employment legislation acts might apply to the foreign-born and educated healthcare professional working in the United States.
- Discuss diversity as a difference from the viewpoint of the individual.
- Evaluate the application and theoretical effectiveness of the LEARN and ASK mnemonics.
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.
- Use intext citations.