Please read carefully instruction you will write two separate essay part1 is 400 use 3 sources words and part 2 is 250 words just use one source
For the essay, you must answer the following question:
Essay #1 (400 words): On your weekly run in the park, you spot your old friend Alicia from afar. As you approach her, you turn down the music on your smartphone. “Alicia! Oh my gosh! It’s been so long!”
After exchanging pleasantries, you and Alicia discuss each other’s families.
“Remember my son Alexei?” she asks.
“I sure do!” you answer. “I remember when he was born! My goodness, how many years ago was that?”
“Believe it or not, it was nine year ago,” Alicia answers.
“Whoa, I feel old,” you say. “What school does he go to?”
Alicia’s demeanor changes. She tenses up and the smile leaves her face.
“Oh, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to…”
“No, no, it’s fine. I guess it’s been so long that we never had a chance to talk.”
At this point, you remove your earbuds and grab a seat on a park bench alongside Alicia.
“You see, Alexei was recently diagnosed with autism,” Alicia says as she dabs her eyes with a tissue. “It’s just so new to me that I don’t even know what to do. We’re looking at different schools options, and his behavior at home has been problematic. I mean, it’s been a disaster for a long time, he was having such a hard time in school….”
“That’s got to be really tough,” you say.
“Yes, it’s all so new to me. On one hand, I’m happy that we finally have a diagnosis, but on the other hand, I don’t even know where to begin. It’s just so overwhelming.” Alicia pauses and then looks at you with an expression of optimism. “Wait a second. I remember you once told me that you were going for a psychology degree. You probably know about this stuff!”
“I do,” you tell her. “In fact, I learned about an approach called ABA, which stands for applied behavior analysis, which is often used on children who have autism.”
“That sounds interesting,” says Alicia. “Please tell me more!”
Explain to Alicia – using resources and examples – what applied behavior analysis is and how ABA helps children with autism.
Essay #2 (250 words) (a) What do you consider the most important thing you learned about psychology of the exceptional child this semester? (b) How will you apply the information that you learned in class to your personal life or career (or both)?
- Label each essay Part 1 and Part 2.
- You can mention what we have discussed in class.
- You must also use at least three outside sources for Part 1 and one outside source for Part 2, and cite your sources so that you avoid plagiarism.
- The sources should be given within the essays so that the reader knows clearly which information is from which source.
- When giving the sources, you must provide enough information for the reader to find the citation. So writing “The New York Times” is not enough. You may provide a hyperlink to the web page you are citing from or give the name of the article, the author’s name, the date (if one is given), and where the article was published.
- Additionally, the material that you quote directly should make up no more than 30 percent of your essay answer. This means that you do “most of the talking” and use the citations to support your assertions.
- Essay #1 must be at least 400 words, and Essay #2 must be at least 250 words.
- The textbook should not be used as a direct source.