Referring to Chapter 2 Table 2-2 Research Question Format, create 4 research questions (one of each type) related to your nursing clinical practice area and/or role.
- Referring to Chapter 2 Table 2-2 Research Question Format, create 4 research questions (one of each type) related to your nursing clinical practice area and/or role.
- Choose 1 of the research questions and, referring to Chapter 2 Table 2-3 Components of Research Questions and Related Criteria, map out the independent and dependent variables, the population, and the testability.
- Why is this research question of most interest to you?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted, and cited in current APA style with support from at least two academic sources
- Quotes “…” cannot be used at a higher learning level for your assignments, so sentences need to be paraphrased and referenced.
- Acceptable references include scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions), journal articles, and books published in the last five years. No websites to be referenced without prior approval.
ead and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- LoBiondo-Wood, G. & Haber, J. (2014). Nursing research: Methods and critical appraisal for evidence-based practice (8th ed.). Mosby, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc.
- Chapters 1, 2, 20
- Use Chapter 1 Box 1-1 Highlighting Critical Reading Strategies (p. 11) as you read research/inquiry articles throughout this course.
- American Psychological Association. (2020). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.).
- Use as a guide for writing in current APA format.
- As part of your readings in this Module, please also review the following:
Online Materials & Resources
- STU. (2021). Discussion Instructions [Video].
- Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s website and locate the articles below:
- Gallagher Ford, L., & Melnyk, B. M. (2019). The underappreciated and misunderstood PICOT question: A critical step in the EBP process. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 16(6), 422–423. https://doi.org/10.1111/wvn.12408
- Granger, B. B. (2020). Life after PICOT: Taking the next step in a clinical inquiry project. AACN Advanced Critical Care, 31(1), 92–97. https://doi.org/10.4037/aacnacc2020986
- Fandino, W. (2019). Formulating a good research question: Pearls and pitfalls. Indian Journal of Anaesthesia, 63(8), 611–616. https://doi.org/10.4103/ija.IJA_198_19
- Explore/View the website(s) below:
- Stevens, K., (May 31, 2013). The impact of evidence-based practice in nursing and the next big ideas. OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 18(2), Manuscript 4 at http://nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/ANAMarketplace/ANAPeriodicals/OJIN/TableofContents/Vol-18-2013/No2-May-2013/Impact-of-Evidence-Based-Practice.html (Links to an external site.)
- Malik, A. (2012, March 13). Innovation [Video file]. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uh1KxcpWz0Innovation (Links to an external site.)
- Ohio State Wexner Medical Center. (2014, May 8). Innovations in nursing at Ohio State — Introduction [Video file]. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqBQPEG_g5EInnovations in Nursing at Ohio State — Introduction (Links to an external site.)
- Show Me The Evidence. (2015, August 19). How to use the PICO method to form a clinical question [Video file]. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3IS1cV-tLQHow to Use the PICO Method to Form a Clinical Question (Links to an external site.)