This is an assignment that focuses on the impact of future research opportunities as a researcher. The paper is into two parts each having different role.
The impact of future research opportunities as a researcher
Assessment is in two parts
– PART 1: Research Project [In total, 75% of the module grade]
– A 2500 word individual Research Report of the project.
– The report section will outline the research rationale and methods, individually analysing the data gathered as a group, and also interpreting this to produce recommendations to address the business issue.
– PART 2: Personal Reflection [In total, 25% of the module grade] consisting of:
– A 750 word consideration of what the student has learned over the module, how this may impact on future research opportunities, and also on their own performance as a researcher.
– There is no exam.
Important Changes to Assessment Regulations
Please note that assessment regulations do change from year to year, you will have received notice of these direct from the faculty. However, if you are unsure of any of these please consult a student advisor: not knowing about these changes is not an excuse for extenuating circumstances.
This element of the coursework is to prepare you for your final year projects. It should also give you the skills needed to commission, use or develop research in your future careers. Research Project is to be written on your chosen topic. There are a list of potential topics related to your degree programme so far (listed in your RMB handbook) as suggested guides but you can also do it on other different topics should you wish. This is a 2,500 word project.
In order to create an appropriate project, you are to analyse the existing academic and practitioner literature in the area. Identify an aim and objectives, decide what industry sector / organisation you are studying. (i.e. the context). Develop a strategy for sampling, collecting, analysing and interpreting data. Lastly, give your research findings and discuss the ethical and other limitations of your research.