Select at least three news articles that discuss the economic concept (Income inequality). At least one news article should be dated within the previous two months. Please note that the goal of this assignment is to read, understand, and discuss recent news using microeconomic terminology.
Three news articles that discuss the economic concept
Select at least three news articles that discuss the economic concept (Income inequality)
At least one news article should be date d within the previous two months.
Please note that the goal of this assignment is to read, understand, and discuss recent news using microeconomic terminology. The articles should be from an on-line newspaper or magazine. Materials posted on educational websites, like www.thebalance.com, www.khanacademy.org, and so on, are not considered news articles even if they were recently updated and contain material related to the term paper topic.
The Term paper should have the following structure:
1. Abstract (0.5 of a page) – the short description of the concepts, problems, questions discussed in the Term paper.
2. Introduction (0.5 of a page) (optional)
3. Literature Review (about 2 pages) – please compare and contrast the opinions of the authors of the articles, present the important information, data, statistics to support your conclusions. It is important that the Literature review is written in your own words with small quotes from the article. All quotes must have references in APA format.
4. Discussion (about 2 pages) – Your task for this part of the Term paper is to analyze the issue described in the articles using the economic concepts and theory learned in this class. Refer to the course content materials and use specific economic vocabulary within your term paper. The articles you choose may not use these exact terms; therefore, it is incumbent upon you to convert the article language into economic language as is appropriate. Include at least one graph developed in our course.
5. Conclusion (0.5 of a page)
The Term paper should be the title page and sub-titles that correspond to the structure described above.
Please note you can use short quotes from the article(s) to support your statements. However the size of these quotes should be reduce d to minimum. No more than 20% of the text of the term paper should be made up of quotes. (Less is better!!!).
Please also avoid copying the materials from any textbooks, including our textbook.
Please be aware that Wikipedia, Investopedia, and other on-line dictionaries and encyclopaedias are not verifiable sources of reliable information, and should not be used in the Term paper. Acceptable sources of the information are: research papers, newspaper articles, and books.
Format of the Paper:
Written projects must be:
1. typed, double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font, with margins no wider than one inch
2. Also, Have footnotes or endnotes, with correct citations
3. Further, Have a bibliography of sources used
4. Lastly, Include, for each entry, the author, title, city and state of publisher, publisher’s name, year, and page numbers