Week4 Project HCM3006 Healthcare Marketing and Strategy
- Week 4 ProjectAssignment Due March 14 at 11:59 PMBefore beginning work on this assignment, please review the expanded grading rubric for specific instructions relating to content and formatting.
A new primary care physician moved into the area and approached your hospital to partner with her as she begins a new practice in the community. Because the administration is always anxious to welcome new practitioners to the hospital, you agree to meet with the physician. During the meeting, the physician explains that she wants to establish the first concierge medical practice in the community. The physician plans to attract around 100 families to her practice, and she plans to charge from $300 to $1,000 per month, depending on the size of the family unit. (Note: A goal of 100 families may not be realistic; however, the number makes for easier calculations). The patients who join the concierge practice will receive access to the physician’s services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at an office located near the hospital. Families will receive preventive care services, and the physician will design wellness programs to encourage healthy lifestyles for her patients. The physician will use the hospital for all emergent care, day surgeries, rehabilitation, and in-patient care. The physician also plans to use nutritionists and the hospital’s fitness center facilities.In this case study.
- Discuss some of the goods or services that could be highlighted in a marketing campaign that involves a concierge practice of medicine.
- What advantages do you think a concierge practice of medicine might contribute to the hospital’s offerings of products to the community?
- Discuss some of the issues and challenges that may arise from the hospital sponsoring a concierge practice of medicine.
Goldman, D. P., Vaiana, M., & Romley, J. A. (2010). The emerging importance of patient amenities in hospital care. The New England Journal of Medicine, 363(23). Doi: 10.1056/NEJMp1009501. (ProQuest ID: 816191638).
Majette, G. R. (2009). From concierge medicine to patient-centered medical homes: International lessons & the search for a better way to deliver primary health care in the U.S. American Journal of Law and Medicine 35(4), 585–619.
Paton, N. E. (2010). A new marketing playbook. Marketing Health Services, 30(2), 8–9.
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Your assignment should be addressed in a 2- to 3-page document.
- Submit your documents to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.