What is the relatively soft layer of the upper mantle called?


Relatively soft layer of the upper mantle is called Asthenosphere. It has asphalt-like consistency and is below the rigid lithosphere. It is the part of the mantle that flows and moves the plates of the Earth.

Posted in Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>